Memex Automation Delivers Increased Plant Floor Efficiency
Memex Automation Typically Delivers Twenty Percent Increased Plant Floor Efficiency
Originially published on PlantAutomation.com
Companies are currently managing productivity by
• Sending ERP or scheduled work orders and/or CNC programs direct to the machine.
• Receiving actual real-time status and Shop Floor results immediately back to the Top Floor.
• Increasing efficiency with information – measure it, then manage it.
• Dashboard for the Top Floor to have real time visibility of the Shop Floor.
According to John Rattray, a senior executive with Memex Automation, “Our mission is to save manufacturing by increasing efficiency…usually five to twenty percent. By using our patent pending technology, we can uniquely increase efficiency to monitor and control your machine tools.”
• OEE (Overall Equipment Effectives) can monitor ANY MACHINE in real-time; reporting on cycle time, parts produced, reject analysis, labor tracking and more, all to reduce downtime and improve efficiency for any and all machines.
• DNC can control machines and load programs fast, with special features, all increasing efficiency.
• Component hardware (Memory, Connectivity, File Servers, BTR) make machines perform faster.
Immediate visibility of production status and comprehensive data collection is vital for a competitive advantage. Rattray insists, “Memex Automation understands the need to be more competitive – by automating the information flow companies can manage productivity.” Data Collection is a Manufacturing Productivity Tool enabling Increased Productivity and is cost effective; practical and proven; applicable to all machines – CNC, non-CNC, PLC, Presses, Injection Molding, etc.
While many systems say they automate shop floor data collection Memex Automation does it automatically and directly in real-time. Operator Bar code scanning of work order status and keying in part counts, reject counts, reject classifications, down time reason codes all are inefficient and prone to error. Memex Automation has a Universal Machine Interface that automatically tracks this information – freeing up the operator to manage the machine. This information is then automatically disseminated from the Shop Floor to the Top Floor for visibility, management, accountability, historical auditability and available for time study analysis.